Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is not for the timid, it is very spicy, but if you like hot food this will not disappoint you.
Make and share this Blackened Fish recipe from Food.com.
- 4 red snapper fillets or 4 other firm fish (about 1 1/2 pounds raw fish)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on how hot you want it)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine all spices/dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread the spice mixture onto a flat plate.
- Press the fish fillets firmly into the spices, coating both sides.
- Heat the olive oil until almost smoking in a large heavy skillet.
- Cook the fish about 2 1/2 minutes on each side for fillets less than 3/4 inch thick.
- Increase time slightly for thicker fillets.
The family's divided on this one. The ratings: 5 & 10 stars. Where are the Supreme Court justices when you need 'em?
Delicious! Just the right amount of heat! Thanks for sharing!
Delicious! I used 1tsp of cayenne and it had just the right amount of kick. Thank you.