Great technique from Mountain Mama. Wonderful over rice or cilantro lime quinoa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red onion
- 1/8 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb fresh cod, cut into 4 servings
- 1Mix 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 teaspoon brown sugar and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a small bowl and stir to combine a paste.
- 2Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- 3To prepare the fish, start by wiping the flesh with a dry paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- 4Rub the blackening paste on one side of the fish.
- 5Pour a small amount of vegetable oil into a large saute pan and heat over medium-high heat. When pan is nice and hot, carefully place fish into preheated pan. Sear on both sides for 2-3 minutes each side. Remove fish from pan and place onto a cookie sheet lined with tinfoil. Place pan into preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until cod is cooked through.
- 6Remove pan from oven and place fish on top of steamed rice or whatever you’re serving. Top fish with salsa, a lime wedge and extra cilantro.
- 7For Mango salsa, mix 1 mango, red onion, diced red bell pepper, 1/2 jalapeno, and juice of 1 lime, 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, and salt to taste. Can be made a few hours ahead. Taste just before serving and adjust seasoning as needed.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Cod With Mango Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.4
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium 678.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 21.5 g