Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had this dish at a local restaurant. The waitress quickly told me the ingredients and I experimented with the amounts. It tastes very close to the original dish (good thing, the restaurant is no longer open). I like spicy dishes and this is good. Enjoy!
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 1 lb chicken, cut in bite size pieces
- 4 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 -3 tablespoons margarine
- 24 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 2 fresh tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 10 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 2 ounces pine nuts
- Cook pasta, drain.
- Place back into pot with tomatoes, peas and pine nuts.
- Place cut up chicken in bowl.
- Sprinkle with 2 TB Cajun seasoning over chicken (mix through chicken).
- Heat margaine in nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot, add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Combine whipping cream and remaining Cajun seasoning.
- Pour over chicken and continue cooking (low heat) until warmed through.
- Pour chicken and sauce over pasta and vegetables, cook until completely warmed through.
This was really fantastic. Thanks for sharing this great recipe.
WOW!!! This recipe was WONDERFUL!!! I cut the cajun seasoning in half because of the kids but everything else was the same. I was a little concerned about it being too runny with that much cream but it wasn't. It got rave reviews from each member of my family! Only my niece thought it was too spicy. Next time I may leave out the pine nuts because my kids hate nuts but I don't think it will take away from this dish at all. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!!