Recipe by markopolo65.droid
Great combination of Cajun & Italian cuisines that will liven up any dull piece of Boneless Chicken Breast and turn it into an enjoyable meal. We also added in some Tortellini covered in Basil Pesto to finish out the plate.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 ounces basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons Cajun blackened spice mix
- 14 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons romano cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Take (2) Boned & Skinned Chicken Breasts and rub in Cajun Blackening Spice, place in a lightly oiled 9x9 inch glass baking pan. Bake in Oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from the oven, brush Basil Pesto on both sides and return to oven. Continue cooking for another 15 to 20 minutes based upon thickness of the breasts.
- Preparing the Tortellini:.
- We used frozen and just followed the directions of placing in Boiling water, reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes. Drain water, return Tortellini to the pan. Add in 4 ounces of Jarred Basil Pesto (in the summer we grow our own Basil) and grated Romano cheese.
- The first bite will surprise you ! Enjoy !