Recipe by TasteTester
The salsa is what makes this recipe. I also tried it on halibut fillets and they turned out beautifully. I love its creamy, fruity and sweet flavor.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 12 lbs. total)
- 2 teaspoons blackened steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and chopped
- 2⁄3 cup chopped fresh papaya
- 1⁄3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- fresh fresh cilantro stem, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly sprinkle both sides of chicken with blackened steak seasoning. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook until browned on both sides, turning once.
- Place the skillet and chicken into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, for salsa, in a large bowl whisk together rice vinegar, the 2 tablespoons olive oil, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Stir in avocado, papaya, sweet pepper, and chopped cilantro. Serve with chicken.