Prep 12 mins
Cook 18 mins
Rachael Ray. This can be an appetizer or a main dish.
Make and share this Blackened Chicken Pizza With Yellow Tomato Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (recommended ( Montreal Grill Seasoning or other seasoning blend)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, eyeball it
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 lb thin cut chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 turn of the pan
- all-purpose flour or cornmeal, a couple of tablespoons to work dough
- 1 pizza dough
- 1⁄2 lb brick low-fat jalapeno cheddar cheese (recommend Cabot brand or with chipotle peppers , recommend Cabot brand)
- 2 small yellow tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves (optional)
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- coarse salt
- 1⁄2 lime, juice and zest of
- Preheat a large heavy skillet over very high heat. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine grill seasoning, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper on a plate. Press thin cut chicken into seasoning on 1 side. Add oil to screaming hot pan and cook chicken 2 minutes on each side.
- Spread out a little flour or cornmeal and stretch out pizza dough onto a pizza pan. Shred reduced fat cheese.
- Remove chicken from pan and chop. Combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro and thyme. Make garlic paste by chopping garlic then mashing it with the flat of your knife and a generous pinch of coarse salt.
- Add paste to salsa. Add zest and juice of 1/2 lime and mix salsa thoroughly. Scatter chicken, salsa and cheese over pizza dough working to the edges of both pies.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until crisp and bubbly-brown on top.