Rachael Ray. This can be an appetizer or a main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (recommended ( Montreal Grill Seasoning or other seasoning blend)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, eyeball it
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cayenne pepper
- 3/4 lb thin cut chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 turn of the pan
- all-purpose flour or cornmeal, a couple of tablespoons to work dough
- 1 pizza dough
- 1/2 lb brick low-fat jalapeno cheddar cheese (recommend Cabot brand or with chipotle peppers , recommend Cabot brand)
- 2 small yellow tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves (optional)
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- coarse salt
- 1/2 lime, juice and zest of
- 1Preheat a large heavy skillet over very high heat. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Combine grill seasoning, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper on a plate. Press thin cut chicken into seasoning on 1 side. Add oil to screaming hot pan and cook chicken 2 minutes on each side.
- 3Spread out a little flour or cornmeal and stretch out pizza dough onto a pizza pan. Shred reduced fat cheese.
- 4Remove chicken from pan and chop. Combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro and thyme. Make garlic paste by chopping garlic then mashing it with the flat of your knife and a generous pinch of coarse salt.
- 5Add paste to salsa. Add zest and juice of 1/2 lime and mix salsa thoroughly. Scatter chicken, salsa and cheese over pizza dough working to the edges of both pies.
- 6Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until crisp and bubbly-brown on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Chicken Pizza With Yellow Tomato Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.9
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 170.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 38.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat jalapeno cheddar cheese