Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
These fiery little friends are great for race days, tailgate parties and Sunday afternoon playoffs. Not suitable for synchronized water ballet get-togethers, though. After the last touch of oil is added they could be char-grilled if you don't want to heat the oven.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch strips (or de-boned thighs for even more flavor)
- 3⁄4 cup light oil
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 3⁄4 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the sauce
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lime (juice of)
- 1 tablespoon blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions or 1 tablespoon cilantro
- Marinate chicken in the oil and hot sauce while blending blackening spices.
- Whisk sour cream and dressing with last 5 ingredients.
- Roll chicken strips in the dry mix one at a time and place on non-stick cookie sheet (do not layer).
- Spray tops of tenders with"Pam", or lightly brush with oil.
- Bake in top half of PREHEATED 425 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool, serve on platter with dipping sauce in the middle.
The wango tango sauce was out of this world LOVE IT. Next time we make the chicken we are going to sprinkle the chicken liberally with the spices instead of rolling them as they became so saturated with the blackening that we scraped 70% off before we could eat it. Very tasty and we will make it again
My DH loves these! I didn't have any cilantro so I added some coriander along with the green onions. Really nice contrast with the cool sauce and the hot chicken!