Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I love Cajun food - especially blackened. This sounds great. From the Weight Watchers New 365 Day Menu Cookbook.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup jicama, shredded pared
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- In small nonstick skillet, toast cumin over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 minutes, until fragrant; transfer to large shallow bowl.
- Add corn, tomatoes, jicama, scallions, juice and salt to toasted cumin; toss to combine. Set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken on all sides with Cajun seasoning. Spray large iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat. Add chicken; cook over medium-high heat, turning once, 8 minutes, until browned on all sides and juices run clear when chicken is pierced with fork.
- Arrange cooked chicken breasts on top of corn mixture.
- SERVING (1 CHICKEN BREAST, 3/4 CUP CORN MIXTURE) PROVIDES: 1 Vegetable, 3 Proteins, 1 Bread.
- PER SERVING: 232 Calories, 4 g Total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 72 mg Cholesterol, 427 mg Sodium, 20 g Total Carbohydrate, 3 g Dietary Fiber, 30 g Protein, 33 mg Calcium; 4 points.
This was absolutely outstanding. Nothing diet about it in flavor and very filling. WW or not....this is a company dish. My daughter had the great idea to make the corn relish in the future and add a can of black beans and eat it like salsa with some baked tortilla chips. I will do that for sure! I made this exactly as is....no changes. OUTSTANDING!
This was so good! The heat of the cajun seasoning was nicely offset by the cool veggies. I added some chopped cilantro just because I happened to have some. Also subbed a roma tomato for the cherry tomatoes and chopped sweet onion for the scallion. (I didn't have time for another trip to town for the right ingredients.) DH liked it a lot, too!