1/2 Photos of Blackened Chicken Breasts
This recipe is from Once-A-Month Cooking by Mimi Wilson and Mary Beth Lagerborg. I'm adding it here so that I can plan my recipe list and shopping list for once-a-month cooking! Prep and cooking time are estimates, as I haven't made this yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 6 sandwich buns
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- butter or mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1Freeze chicken and sandwich rolls until ready to serve.
- 2Mix spices and store in a covered container; label it "Blackened Chicken Spices".
- 3To prepare, thaw rolls and chicken.
- 4Coat each piece of chicken with spice mix (adjust to taste of each person, as the mixture is spicy!).
- 5Using a pastry brush, baste each piece of chicken with the melted butter. Grill chicken, basting with butter after turning once.
- 6Grill about 10 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle, or cook in a large nonstick skillet in hot oil over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- 7Serve on sandwich rolls spread with butter or mayonnaise.
- 8Suggested sides: chips, watermelon salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.0
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 92.9 mg
- Sodium 540.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 28.1 g