Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fast, easy, and very good. Throw the potatoes in the oven, toss the salad. This also works very well on pork chops. Mix the spices early and have on hand. I do not know where I got this mix.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (1 pinch = 1/8 teaspoon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (or your amount)
- Mix the seven spices (will fill a 3-inch salt shaker). Save for future use.
- Sprinkle over chicken to cover both sides.
- Heat oil in cast iron skillet for 15 minutes. I do this on low heat and turn up last few minutes.
- Place chicken in hot pan and cook till dark in color, about 4 minutes per side, till juices are clear.
Delicious! Made as directed and stuffed myself with this yummy chicken. Thanks dolores in paradise for a great keeper. Made for Cookbook Tag.
Fantastic! My husband kept talking about how moist the chicken was. We made chicken panini sandwiches from this and loved them. The one substitution I had to make was garlic powder for onion powder because I didn't have any. I too like having this spice blend on hand now. I used a regular skillet with 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil.