Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This one is easy and low fat and very tasty!
Make and share this Blackened Chicken and Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- Combine the chili powder, salt and pepper; rub on both sides of chicken.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil 4-5 minutes each side, until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add beans, corn and salsa to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 2-3 minutes, until heated through.
- Put bean mixture on a serving dish; top with chicken.
This was a great recipe for a new mom to make. I have a two week old baby, husband was still working and mom was napping. I was still able to put this together easily and it was delicious. I added cumin to the spice blend and a tiny bit of cayenne pepper. Delicious. Had to simmer the chicken a little longer to get them cooked through.
Excellent dish! Instead of rubbing my chicken with the seasoning, I rubbed it with taco seasoning. Oh, I also used chicken tenders instead. The dish was very pretty and tasty. Hubby said I could have made it without the chicken and it still would have been great. Next I plan to cut chicken up in bit sized pieces after it has been cooked, then through the beans/corn/salsa mixture on top and toss it.
5 stars for giving me an awesome idea! I think chili powder with just salt, and pepper is too plain. There's a ground turkey I make where I add a whole mess of spices, including dried oregano, cumin, tumeric, garlic, and onion powder, and garlic salt. I rubbed all that including the chili powder, salt and pepper, and it was amazzzinnnggg. Didn't make the salsa the recipe says. Just made a basic one with tomatoes, red onion, yellow bell pepper, lime juice, and some cilantro. Served it with some brown rice and avocado slices!!