Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from my Mom & Dad. Enjoy!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped scallion
- 1 cup button mushroom
- 1 pint heavy cream or 1 pint light cream
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2 -4 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- cajun spices, to coat chicken
- 1 lb penne pasta
- Pound chicken breasts with meat tenderizer; Coat both sides of breast with Cajun Spices.
- Heat cast iron pan or any heavy frying pan over medium heat; Place 1/2 teaspoons butter under and 1/2 teaspoons butter on top of each breast; Cook each side for 4 minutes or until blackened; Set aside.
- In hot frying pan, place 2 Tbsps. olive oil; add vegetables; saute 2 minutes; Meanwhile, slice cooked chicken breasts into long strips and add to vegetables; Add cream,remaining butter and parmesan cheese;
- Stir constantly over medium heat for 2"-4" minutes.
- Sauce will thicken; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with Penne Pasta and serve.
Yum! I love blackened chicken and love to have it with pasta. This was great because I got both in one dish! I used linguine and it was delish. Thanks for sharing. Made for Zaar Alphabet Chef Tag.
This is one w-i-c-k-e-d dish! Raves upon raves came from my family. Easy to prepare and restaurant quality. Oh, I used spaghetti and it was still as delicious. I promised not to tell, but the secret ingredient is the parmesan!