Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Turn off the smoke detector when you cook this chicken dish! =0...Oh, just love that cast iron...=) Serve with beans and rice, a salad and YUM!!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, flattened to about 1/2 inch thick
- 236.59 ml butter, melted
- 22.18 ml salt
- 7.39 ml garlic powder
- 7.39 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml sugar (If you want to jazz up the butter a bit, add a dash or two of tabasco!=0)
- Let the chicken come to room temperature before using.
- Cover chicken with butter until well coated.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat until very hot.
- Roll each chicken breast into about 1/2 tsp. seasoning mix (I use my hands).
- Immediately place the chicken pieces skin side down in the skillet to sear.
- Pour about 1 teaspoon of the butter on top.
- Cook about 2+ minutes, until a crust forms on the underside.
- Turn and pour another 1 teaspoon of the butter on each of the chicken pieces.
- Cook until just cooked through.
This recipe had the kick we were looking for!!It was esy to follow.thanks for posting!!
Just what I was looking for. I wanted to make blackened chicken to go on top of my alfredo and this worked perfectly. I reduced the salt to 1 Tbs and cooked the chicken on the grill to keep the smoke out of the house. Thanks for a great recipe that I can use again and again - I put the leftovers into a spice bottle for next time. Should last us a while!
this was great I bought the blackened season already mixed and did hit it with a little liquid smoke, so it would taste like it came off the grill. My kids told me it was the best chicken ever. My husband ate until he got sick. Will make again thanks for sharing.