Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
"Great on a summer's day with fresh corn and mashed potatoes."
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix together paprika, salt, cayenne, cumin, thyme, white pepper, and onion powder. Rub one side of chicken breasts with spice mixture.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat for 15 minutes.
- Place chicken in hot pan, seasoned side down, and cook for 1 minute. Turn, and cook 1 minute on other side. Place breasts on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
Beautiful, spicy (I may adjust the cayenne down next time), incredibly easy to make.
This is such a simple and wonderful recipe. The ingredient list is perfect with just the right amount of seasoning. The only change I made was to flatten the chicken breasts slightly for more even cooking. Into my Cooking for 2 cookbook it goes.