Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
An easy , quick and tasty meal. A family favourite
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Pre-heat oven to 200C / 400F / Gas 6.
- Mix all the spices together - ( more is made than required and can be kept in an air tight container for future use ).
- The chicken breasts can be rolled then in the spice mix ( or just on the skin side ). The chicken is to be cooked in a grill or a frying pan. If using a frying pan add oil and butter and heat until bubbling. If using the grill brush the chicken with the oil and butter. The chicken will take 10-12 minutes to cook.
- To finish put in oven for 10 minutes.
- The spices can be used with fish. If you cannot be bothered to make the spice use Cajun Spices which can be bought from a supermarket.
Yum! I made this as directed except that I used skinless boneless chicken breasts. The seasonings were a nice mix of flavors that worked really well. Thanks Paulg for a nice meal. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.
Perfect! I used bone-in chicken thighs. First I melted butter and mixed it some olive oil then slathered on both sides of chicken. Next I sprinkled the blackened rub on the chicken and pan grilled on medium-high then finished baking in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Served with fried green tomatoes, corn on the cob, roasted beets with lavender. Good meal? Oh yes it was! Be sure to use salt-free garlic powder and onion powder. Thank you for posting the recipe! It was a real winner in our household.
I made this based on gailanng's Best of 2011 choice.....wonderful choice! I used boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise to make cutlets. That way my cooking time was greatly reduced, and the wonderful seasoning covered every bite of the chicken....doing it this way, I did reduce the salt a bit. Just delicious! Thanks for posting your recipe!