1/3 Photos of Blackened Catfish With Salsa Fresca With Cilantro
From the Cape Cod Times. This dish can be prepared and on the table in half-an-hour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) catfish fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 chopped small green bell pepper
- 1 minced serrano chili
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2On a small bowl, combine the paprika, cayenne, oregano, salt and pepper.
- 3Place the catfish fillets on a large baking sheet in a single layer.
- 4Lightly coat both sides of each fillet with the oil, then liberally rub the spice mixture evenly onto both sides (reserve any remaining spice that hasn't touched the fish in an airtight conatiner for future use).
- 5Place the fish under the broiler and cook, watching closely, until slightly charred, about 5 minutes.
- 6Turn and broil until cooked through, about 5 minutes more.
- 7For the Salsa:.
- 8Combine the cherry tomatoes, onion, pepper, chili, cilantro, salt, lime juice and olive oil and toss well.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Catfish With Salsa Fresca With Cilantro
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.1
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 79.9 mg
- Sodium 644.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 28.5 g