From the Cape Cod Times. This dish can be prepared and on the table in half-an-hour.
Make and share this Blackened Catfish With Salsa Fresca With Cilantro recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) catfish fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 chopped small green bell pepper
- 1 minced serrano chili
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat broiler.
- On a small bowl, combine the paprika, cayenne, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Place the catfish fillets on a large baking sheet in a single layer.
- Lightly coat both sides of each fillet with the oil, then liberally rub the spice mixture evenly onto both sides (reserve any remaining spice that hasn't touched the fish in an airtight conatiner for future use).
- Place the fish under the broiler and cook, watching closely, until slightly charred, about 5 minutes.
- Turn and broil until cooked through, about 5 minutes more.
- For the Salsa:.
- Combine the cherry tomatoes, onion, pepper, chili, cilantro, salt, lime juice and olive oil and toss well.