Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found on a recipe card at the supermarket. An easy meal to put together, especially if you get the pre-shredded coleslaw mix at the supermarket. I've also used the pre-mixed blackened seasonings available instead of mixing the one included in the recipe.
- 946.36 ml thinly sliced cabbage or 946.36 ml pre-shredded coleslaw mix
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 22.18 ml cider vinegar
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml flour
- 29.58 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 4 (680.38 g) catfish fillets (thaw, if frozen)
- 9.85 ml butter or 9.85 ml margarine, melted
- 4 (32 inch) flour tortillas
- To prepare slaw: combine cabbage, mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar in a bowl; cover and chill.
- Combine flour and the next 5 ingredients in a shallow dish (or use flour with approximately 3 T commercial blackened seasoning mix). Dredge fillets in flour mixture and drizzle with melted butter.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill fish, covered, 7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with fork. (I've also sautéed the fillets when grilling wasn't convenient).
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Cut each catfish fillet lengthwise into 4 strips. Arrange 4 fillet pieces on each tortilla; top each serving with about 3/4 cup slaw and roll up burrito-style.