Found on a recipe card at the supermarket. An easy meal to put together, especially if you get the pre-shredded coleslaw mix at the supermarket. I've also used the pre-mixed blackened seasonings available instead of mixing the one included in the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage or 4 cups pre-shredded coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) catfish fillets (thaw, if frozen)
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1To prepare slaw: combine cabbage, mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar in a bowl; cover and chill.
- 2Combine flour and the next 5 ingredients in a shallow dish (or use flour with approximately 3 T commercial blackened seasoning mix). Dredge fillets in flour mixture and drizzle with melted butter.
- 3Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill fish, covered, 7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with fork. (I've also sautéed the fillets when grilling wasn't convenient).
- 4Heat tortillas according to package directions. Cut each catfish fillet lengthwise into 4 strips. Arrange 4 fillet pieces on each tortilla; top each serving with about 3/4 cup slaw and roll up burrito-style.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Catfish- Cole Slaw Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.9
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 88.7 mg
- Sodium 869.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 33.2 g