Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found on a recipe card at the supermarket. An easy meal to put together, especially if you get the pre-shredded coleslaw mix at the supermarket. I've also used the pre-mixed blackened seasonings available instead of mixing the one included in the recipe.
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage or 4 cups pre-shredded coleslaw mix
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) catfish fillets (thaw, if frozen)
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- To prepare slaw: combine cabbage, mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar in a bowl; cover and chill.
- Combine flour and the next 5 ingredients in a shallow dish (or use flour with approximately 3 T commercial blackened seasoning mix). Dredge fillets in flour mixture and drizzle with melted butter.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill fish, covered, 7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with fork. (I've also sautéed the fillets when grilling wasn't convenient).
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Cut each catfish fillet lengthwise into 4 strips. Arrange 4 fillet pieces on each tortilla; top each serving with about 3/4 cup slaw and roll up burrito-style.