1/2 Photos of Blackened Catfish
I have always been a fan of catfish. We lived in Baton Rouge, LA several years ago and I became a fan of blackened catfish. This is a wonderful recipe that is quick to fix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the fish fillets in a large bowl and drizzle olive oil over them, let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2Combine spices in a 9-inch pie plate.
- 3Heat a cast iron skillet upside down over high heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until very hot.
- 4Turn on vent fan during cooking to eliminate smoke.
- 5Using a hot pad, turn pan right side up.
- 6Remove fish fillets from oil and drain.
- 7Dip each fillet into seasonings and coat each side evenly.
- 8Put fillets in hot skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, turning only once.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Catfish
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.0
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 62.2 mg
- Sodium 405.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 18.1 g