Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This recipe came from a New Orleans restaurant. Oh so good and love the spices.
Top Review by mariav23
Ohhh lala! This was very good. I also substituted the lemon pepper with cajun seasoning. Awesome blackened seasonings and there was enough for the 6 fillets I used. Tastes better than any I have had at a restaurant. Filled our house with a wonderful smell that lingered. It is nice to know that we can have New Orleans cuisine right here at home. 5 stars all the way, baby.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 6 catfish fillets
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large cast iron skillet (recommended) or heavy aluminum skillet over high heat for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl stir together first 8 ingredients.
- Dip catfish into melted butter and coat both sides of fish with spice mixture, using about 1 T spice mixture for each fillet.
- Place fish on waxed paper.
- Place 3 fillets at a time in hot skillet.
- Drizzle each fillet with 1 T melted butter.
- Cook over high heat about 2 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily.
- Serve immediately.