This recipe came from a New Orleans restaurant. Oh so good and love the spices.
Make and share this Blackened Catfish recipe from Food.com.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet (recommended) or heavy aluminum skillet over high heat for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl stir together first 8 ingredients.
- Dip catfish into melted butter and coat both sides of fish with spice mixture, using about 1 T spice mixture for each fillet.
- Place fish on waxed paper.
- Place 3 fillets at a time in hot skillet.
- Drizzle each fillet with 1 T melted butter.
- Cook over high heat about 2 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily.
- Serve immediately.
Ohhh lala! This was very good. I also substituted the lemon pepper with cajun seasoning. Awesome blackened seasonings and there was enough for the 6 fillets I used. Tastes better than any I have had at a restaurant. Filled our house with a wonderful smell that lingered. It is nice to know that we can have New Orleans cuisine right here at home. 5 stars all the way, baby.
Mmmmm! This was quick and easy and very good indeed! I made one change: I took out the lemon pepper and put in one teaspoon of cajun seasoning because I wanted a spicier fish. Really good combination on the spices. I served it with dirty rice and steamed broccoli and cauliflower. I was a little surprised by duonyte's review because I had a lot of spices left over. I probably could have fixed another 6 filets with the amount that I had. One warning: open some windows because I almost set off our fire alarm with the smoke from blackening. Hee hee. But it sure was worth it! My wife got home as I was cooking and said she could smell the fish from the parking lot. Great recipe!
I have eaten this dish in restaurants and have always wanted to make this at home. It was the easiest fish recipe I've ever prepared. Of course, I've always worried about making it at home because I've been warned about the indoor smoke. Yes, this dish creates quite a smoke cloud in my home, but it is sooo worth it. Just turn on your range/exhaust fan and enjoy!