1/5 Photos of Blackened Catfish
This recipe came from a New Orleans restaurant. Oh so good and love the spices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a large cast iron skillet (recommended) or heavy aluminum skillet over high heat for 10 minutes.
- 2In a small bowl stir together first 8 ingredients.
- 3Dip catfish into melted butter and coat both sides of fish with spice mixture, using about 1 T spice mixture for each fillet.
- 4Place fish on waxed paper.
- 5Place 3 fillets at a time in hot skillet.
- 6Drizzle each fillet with 1 T melted butter.
- 7Cook over high heat about 2 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Catfish
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.7
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 168.7 mg
- Sodium 1131.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 25.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: