Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
After finding a few recipes that I liked I combined a little of each and created this one.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons thyme (1/2 tsp if using Ground Thyme)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup melted butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 lb catfish fillet
- In a 9 inch pie plate mix together the dry ingredients.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat (until very hot!). Be sure to use a hot pad when touching the skillet.
- Turn on vent fan
- Dip each fillet into the butter and drain then dip into spice mixture and evenly coat each side.
- Place in hot skillet for approx 2 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily.
- Spice mixture can be bagged and re-used within a reasonable amount of time.