1/1 Photo of Blackened Boneless Chicken Breasts
From "A Guide to Inspired Meals", a book of recipes from Lipton Sides.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
Blackened Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1Mix all dry spices in a medium bowl, large enough to also use to coat the chicken.
- 2Dip both sides of the chicken breasts in the mixture of spices, coating well.
- 3Heat the vegetable oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Once hot, gently place the chicken breasts in hot oil and cook for about two minutes.
- 4Once well blackened (yes, they will be a little black but don't worry), turn the breasts over and continue cooking for another 2 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken from pan.
- 5To serve, cut chicken breasts into 3/4-inch slices on an angle and fan out on plate.
- 6For a quick and easy topping, mix sour cream, cilantro, salt and pepper together in a small bowl with a whisk and top each serving with a spoonful.
- 7Note: Like beef, chicken should rest for a few minutes before cutting or serving. This allows the juices to redistribute and the meat to relax and become more tender.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Boneless Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.4
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 81.0 mg
- Sodium 680.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 28.6 g