From "A Guide to Inspired Meals", a book of recipes from Lipton Sides.
Make and share this Blackened Boneless Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
Blackened Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- Mix all dry spices in a medium bowl, large enough to also use to coat the chicken.
- Dip both sides of the chicken breasts in the mixture of spices, coating well.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Once hot, gently place the chicken breasts in hot oil and cook for about two minutes.
- Once well blackened (yes, they will be a little black but don't worry), turn the breasts over and continue cooking for another 2 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken from pan.
- To serve, cut chicken breasts into 3/4-inch slices on an angle and fan out on plate.
- For a quick and easy topping, mix sour cream, cilantro, salt and pepper together in a small bowl with a whisk and top each serving with a spoonful.
- Note: Like beef, chicken should rest for a few minutes before cutting or serving. This allows the juices to redistribute and the meat to relax and become more tender.