4 hrs 30 mins
Abi Fae's Note:
I didn't want the usual beef mix for my pot pies, so I used squash and blackened spices to make something a bit different. I add cranberries to EVERYTHING this time of year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice steak and put in crockpot. You can sear it first for texture if you like.
- 2Caramelize onion and garlic in butter. Add to crock pot.
- 3Cover with beef broth and let cook on high for 2 hours. Add spice mix and carrots, turnips (or any other roots you prefer) and cranberries and turn down to low for 2 more hours.
- 4Meanwhile dice and cook the yams. Once soft enough to mash, drain and mash. Let cool and then add the grated cheese, mixing well.
- 5Scoop out about a cup of the broth and add the pumpkin to it. Puree in blender or mix with hand mixer. Add it back in to the meat and mix well.
- 6Dish meat mix into pie pans and top with yams. Bake at 350 until yams start to brown, about 40 minutes.
- 7If you are freezing this, don't bake it. Just cover it and freeze it.
Browse Our Top Pot Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Beef Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 688.3
- Calories from Fat 423
- Total Fat 47.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 151.0 mg
- Sodium 535.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 33.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Cajun blackened spice mix