Prep 3 mins
Cook 6 mins
These whimsical banana boats are enhanced by the flavours of rum and orange
- 4 bananas, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 teaspoons rum (optional)
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 dash cinnamon
- With toothpick, pierce skins of bananas all over.
- Place in 8 inch square baking dish.
- Microwave at HIGH 4-5 minutes or until blackened all over.
- Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, orange rind, and rum, if using, and orange juice, butter and cinnamon.
- Microwave at HIGH for 1 minute or until butter has melted and sugar has dissolved.
- Stir well.
- Transfer bananas to individual plates.
- Slice through skin lengthwise.
- Spread skins apart slightly and press in ends to form boat shapes.
- Spoon 2 Tablespoons sauce into each banana.
- Serve immediately.