Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Four and twenty blackbirds of English folklore? Nope, just a good berry pie recipe I found while surfing the net. Easy, too, as it begins with a ready-made pie crust.
- 1 ready-made pie crust
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh peaches, cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 7⁄8 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- cinnamon sugar, to top pie with
- Use the pre-made pie crust to line a 9-in pie pan.
- Place blueberries and peaches in a bowl and toss with lemon juice. Add sugar, tapioca and the 1/2 tsp cinnamon and mix lightly.
- Place above mixture into pie crust and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar as desired.
- Bake 35-40 minutes in a 425° oven.
I made this recipe for the ZWT3, and it made a nice ending to our British dinner. I didn't have any blueberries, so I substituted blackberries. After all, it is a BLACKbird pie, so I thought blackberries were appropriate! Thanks for sharing the recipe.