Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Someone on the boards needed blackberry recipes and this is one that I plan to try this summer with my fresh blackberries.
- 1⁄4 cup cholesterol-free oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups oat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can blackberries packed in water or 1 package frozen blackberrie
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the berries and zucchini.
- Fold in the drained berries and zucchini just until blended.
- Turn into a greased loaf pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Check after the first 45 minutes.
- If necessary, cover with aluminum foil to prevent browning too quickly.
I made this bread with fresh blackberries, because they were on sale. A wonderful texture, and an unusual flavor that grows on you! I think it would be good with cream cheese spread. Thanks!