Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious cake! I have never actually glazed it; i prefer to garnish with fresh berries and mint leaves. Also, if you can't find blackberry gelatin, use black raspberry or black cherry. Prep time is for before baking, and does not include cooling time.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box blackberry Jell-O
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup blackberry wine
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon oil
- blackberry wine
- FOR CAKE: Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured tube pan and bake at 350* F for 45 minutes.
- When done, remove from oven, leave in panand pour glaze over hot cake.
- Let cool and then remove from pan onto a cake rack and turn top side up.
- FOR GLAZE: Mix powdered sugar and oil, adding enough blackberry wine to make a thin glaze.