Recipe by Fauve
Here is an indulgent treat, sure to please at dinner parties or anywhere. If you love blackberries, this is not to be missed. Not only is this one delicious cake, but it's incredibly easy to make.
Top Review by Paula in Colorado
I have made this recipe for years & everyone loves it (but I have never used the "sparkling" gelatine - just regular blackberry or black cherry or raspberry)! I don't usually glaze it. I just sprinkle powdered sugar over it or garnish with fresh blackberries and mint leaves. I bet it would also taste good with chocolate sauce or blackberry sauce.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup blackberry wine
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (3 ounce) box sparkling wild berry jello (regular or sugar free)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons blackberry wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place in Pam-sprayed bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from pan to cake plate.
- While cake is still warm, mix glaze ingredients and pour glaze over cake.
- *Optional:Before adding glaze you may pour some of the wine over the cake first (slowly).
- This allows cake to take on a stronger blackberry flavor.
- Then add glaze.
- Garnish with fresh or frozen blackberries, if desired.
- For added flavor, soak berries in a bit of wine and powdered sugar before garnishing.