Recipe by Toni in Colorado
I got this recipe by Brenda McRae off the internet. I used Mogan David wine; the recipe indicates that Ms. McRae has tried several brands of wine. It is very moist, and the glaze makes it. I estimated the preparation time. Toni in Colorado
Top Review by Playa Princess
I love this cake! So easy and unique! I have made this for friends in 3 states including Hawaii and everyone wants the recipe. I actually use 3 eggs instead of 4 and use a whole 6 oz box of Blackberry Raspberry Fusion Jell-o instead of 3 oz. So moist and flavorful!
- 18 ounces white cake mix (1 box)
- 3 ounces black cherry Jell-O (or blackberry jello)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup wine
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup wine (to thin glaze, does not take much)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray bake pan (I used a 9 x 13) with cooking spray.
- Mix cake mix and jello.
- Add eggs, oil and wine.
- Beat at low, medium speed (as directed on cake mix box).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- Mix powdered sugar and enough wine to thin to spreading consistency.
- Drizzle over cake.