Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this recipe by Brenda McRae off the internet. I used Mogan David wine; the recipe indicates that Ms. McRae has tried several brands of wine. It is very moist, and the glaze makes it. I estimated the preparation time. Toni in Colorado
- 18 ounces white cake mix (1 box)
- 3 ounces black cherry Jell-O (or blackberry jello)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup wine
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup wine (to thin glaze, does not take much)
- Spray bake pan (I used a 9 x 13) with cooking spray.
- Mix cake mix and jello.
- Add eggs, oil and wine.
- Beat at low, medium speed (as directed on cake mix box).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- Mix powdered sugar and enough wine to thin to spreading consistency.
- Drizzle over cake.
I love this cake! So easy and unique! I have made this for friends in 3 states including Hawaii and everyone wants the recipe. I actually use 3 eggs instead of 4 and use a whole 6 oz box of Blackberry Raspberry Fusion Jell-o instead of 3 oz. So moist and flavorful!
Delicious, moist , rich cake! I made this in a bundt pan as I thought it might be pretty that way. Made exactly as directd, baked for 53 minutes, and it was lovely! Would be great for any type of shower or party! Thanks for posting! PAC
Use Manischewitz blackberry wine for this one!! I got this very same recipe about 14 years ago from a friend, and this has been a regular dessert for our family ever since. Very moist, melt-in-your-mouth, delicious. This one's definitely a keeper.