1/5 Photos of Blackberry Wine Cake
1 hr 30 mins
I made this recipe a couple of months ago, and my whole family just devoured it. My mom said it was the best cake she had ever eaten. It's a little different than the other recipes for Blackberry Wine Cake that are posted here. I had misplaced the recipe after making it and hunted all over the 'net trying to find it again, with no luck. I finally found my copy today and I'm posting it so I never lose it again! The prep time includes the time to let the cake sit in the pan absorbing the glaze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped (I used walnuts)
- 18 ounces white cake mix
- 3 ounces blackberry Jell-O (can use raspberry or black cherry)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup blackberry wine (I used Mogan David)
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a Bundt pan; sprinkle the nuts in the bottom of the pan.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and gelatin.
- 4Add the eggs, oil and wine.
- 5At low speed, beat just until moistened.
- 6Increase the speed to medium and beat for 2 more minutes; scrape the bowl frequently.
- 7Pour in the Bundt pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- 8Glaze: Bring the 1 c powdered sugar, wine and butter to a boil; the glaze will be fairly thin.
- 9While the cake is still warm and in the Bundt pan, pour half of the glaze on the cake.
- 10Let the cake sit for 30 minutes to absorb the glaze.
- 11Turn the cake out of the pan and completely cool.
- 12Thicken the remaining half of the glaze with additional powdered sugar and pour over the cake.
- 13(NOTE: I tried to put in just additional powdered sugar to thicken the glaze, but it wouldn't accept it without an amount. I'm guessing on the additional amount that I actually used. I think it was about an additional cup of powdered sugar to thicken the glaze to the consistency that I wanted. Of course, you can use the amount necessary to thicken to the consistency that you like).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackberry Wine Cake
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.8
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 98.8 mg
- Sodium 536.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 59.2 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: