Prep 2 hrs
Cook 25 mins
Diet? What diet?
- 20 ounces fresh blackberries
- 3 ounces caster sugar or 3 ounces superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 fluid ounces whole milk
- 10 fluid ounces heavy cream, whipped
- Place 1 pound of the blackberries in a pan with 2 ounces sugar and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until tender; purée.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little milk to form a paste; add the remaining milk.
- Place this mixture in a pan with the blackberry purée and bring to the boil, stirring continuously, until thickened.
- Cool and chill.
- Gently fold all but 3 tablespoons of the cream into the blackberry mix to give a marbled effect.
- Reserve 4 blackberries.
- Divide the remainder between 4 glasses.
- Top with the blackberry mixture, and decorate with the remaining cream and blackberries.
The balckberry sauce was very thick. I doubled the milk and it was still too thick for my taste. If I made this again I would sieve the sauce. I didn't care for the contrasting textures of creamy topping and seedy sauce.