Recipe by Feisty
Made with Blackberry Vinegar, this is a very nice refreshing vinaigrette that goes well with a spring mix salad. I'm not sure how long this will keep, endlessly I suppose, but we've always eaten it before it ever had a chance to go bad! The mustard acts as an emulsifier and the vinaigrette will barely separate during refrigeration.
Top Review by Calee
Very good vinaigrette. All the ingredients blended nicely together, I used 1 1/2 tsp of sugar and it wasnt overly sweet for us. The vinaigrette didnt have a strong blackberry taste just a midly fruity taste we all enjoyed it very much. Made for fall PAC 09.
- 1⁄2 cup blackberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except the oil into a blender. Blend on high for one minute until mixed well, then turn blender off and taste. Adjust with more Splenda if you want a little sweeter vinaigrette.
- Turn blender back on and with blender running, slowly add oil. Pour into jar with tight-fitting lid and store in the refrigerator.