Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Made with Blackberry Vinegar, this is a very nice refreshing vinaigrette that goes well with a spring mix salad. I'm not sure how long this will keep, endlessly I suppose, but we've always eaten it before it ever had a chance to go bad! The mustard acts as an emulsifier and the vinaigrette will barely separate during refrigeration.
- 1⁄2 cup blackberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- Place all ingredients except the oil into a blender. Blend on high for one minute until mixed well, then turn blender off and taste. Adjust with more Splenda if you want a little sweeter vinaigrette.
- Turn blender back on and with blender running, slowly add oil. Pour into jar with tight-fitting lid and store in the refrigerator.
Very good vinaigrette. All the ingredients blended nicely together, I used 1 1/2 tsp of sugar and it wasnt overly sweet for us. The vinaigrette didnt have a strong blackberry taste just a midly fruity taste we all enjoyed it very much. Made for fall PAC 09.