Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe found online while searching for blackberry recipes.
- 6 ounces white chocolate
- 12 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 -4 cups blackberries
- 28 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 17 1/2" x 11 1/2" jelly roll pan with foil or parchment and butter lightly.
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler.
- Beat the butter in a large bowl until creamy.
- Gradually add in sugar, then eggs one at a time.
- Add in the chocolate and almond extract.
- Sift the flour and salt together.
- Gradually add into the batter.
- Fold in pecans and blackberries.
- Spread in the jelly roll pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- When done, turn the cake out and peel off the foil or parchment.
- Cool and spread with the cream cheese icing.
- Cream Cheese Icing: Combine the cream cheese, confectioners sugar and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth and ice cooled cake.
Really enjoyed this dessert and it was very easy to make! The only thing I will do different next time is puree the blackberries and sift out the seeds.