Recipe by Tinkerbell_16
I got the basic muffin recipe from the "Mad About Muffins" cookbook and added the blackberries and vanilla. Hope you enjoy! :D
Top Review by SaraEMiller
I made these for my office, and while everyone appreciated and ate them, I didn't think they had a lot of flavor. I couldn't taste the vanilla at all, and the muffin was a bit bland. They were definitely easy to make though, and the muffins rose and browned beautifully. I just like a bit more flavor in my muffins.
- 2 cups minus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blackberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In another bowl, beat together the egg, milk, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture.
- Stir quickly and just enough to moisten the dry ingredients. Do not overmix - the batter will be lumpy.
- Stir in the frozen blackberries.
- Fill greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until golden brown.