Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Ahh an interesting take on the classic.
- 59.14 ml butter
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, firmly-packed
- 7.39 ml lemon zest, grated
- 0 walnuts, chopped
- 709.77 ml fresh blackberries
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 118.29 ml milk
- 59.14 ml butter, room temperature
- 1.23 ml lemon zest, grated
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron frying pan or a 9x2-inch cake pan over low heat, melt butter or margarine.
- Stir in brown sugar until blended. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle lemon zest over the brown sugar. Sprinkle chopped nuts over the top.
- Arrange the blackberries in an even layer over the nuts; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add egg, milk, and butter; beat 2 minutes.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract; beat 2 minutes.
- Pour over blackberries in frying pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes on a wire rack. Run knife around edge of pan to loosen; cover with a cake plate and invert.
- Serve warm.