Perfect Pixie's Note:
The natural sweetness of this unusual crust allows you to enjoy a tasty dessert without added sugar
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine walnuts and pitted dates in a food processor.
- 2Process until well mixed and ground, but not smooth.
- 3About 40 seconds. It should be a coarse texture when done.
- 4Press into a 9 inch tart pan.
- 5Set in refrigerator while making the filling.
- 6If you are using frozen blackberries make sure they are completely thawed.
- 7If not, they will dilute the filling as they thaw and make it runny.
- 8Place 2 cups of the berries along with the arrowroot and water, or juice in a blender.
- 9Blend into a puree.
- 10Place in a small saucepan along with honey and cook puree over medium heat stirring constantly for about 3-4 minutes.
- 11It should lose its cloudiness and thicken.
- 12When it thickens and the cloudiness is gone remove from heat.
- 13Mix with rest of the blackberries and fill tart shell.
- 14Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 15Make sure it is covered so it doesn't pick up moisture from the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackberry Tart Sent by Angels
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.2
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 32.9 g
- Protein 7.6 g