Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
The natural sweetness of this unusual crust allows you to enjoy a tasty dessert without added sugar
Make and share this Blackberry Tart Sent by Angels recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups dates
- 5 cups fresh blackberries or 5 cups frozen blackberries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons water (or juice from frozen berries)
- Combine walnuts and pitted dates in a food processor.
- Process until well mixed and ground, but not smooth.
- About 40 seconds. It should be a coarse texture when done.
- Press into a 9 inch tart pan.
- Set in refrigerator while making the filling.
- If you are using frozen blackberries make sure they are completely thawed.
- If not, they will dilute the filling as they thaw and make it runny.
- Place 2 cups of the berries along with the arrowroot and water, or juice in a blender.
- Blend into a puree.
- Place in a small saucepan along with honey and cook puree over medium heat stirring constantly for about 3-4 minutes.
- It should lose its cloudiness and thicken.
- When it thickens and the cloudiness is gone remove from heat.
- Mix with rest of the blackberries and fill tart shell.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Make sure it is covered so it doesn't pick up moisture from the refrigerator.