Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
As seen in Self Magazine - July 2014. Ginger beer (which contains no alcohol) adds a sweet kick to the tart blackberries. It's readily available in supermarkets.
- 6 basil leaves, fresh
- 11 blackberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 6 ice cubes
- 1⁄4 cup ginger beer, chilled
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon (optional)
- In a rocks glass, muddle basil and 8 blackberries with lemon juice.
- Fill glass with large, square ice cubes and top with ginger beer and bourbon, if desired.
- Garnish with basil sprig and remaining 3 blackberries.
- Serve immediately.