Recipe by jake ryley'smommy
This is a great way to save your summer berries without having to add sugar. It's not a super sweet jam, but we love the flavor. I try to use organic ingredients where possible.
- 473.18 ml crushed blackberries
- 473.18 ml crushed strawberries
- 236.59 ml unsweetened apple cider or 236.59 ml apple juice
- 49 g packageno sugar needed pectin
- 118.29-236.59 ml maple syrup or 118.29-236.59 ml honey, do not exceed 1 cup
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush berries seperatly, then measure two cups of each.
- Pour into a large stainless steel pot.
- Add apple cider or juice. Add pectin, stir until disolved.
- Over high heat bring to a full rolling boil stirring frequently.
- Add maple syrup or honey, stirring constanly bring to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down.
- Boil hard for 3 minutes, remove from heat.
- Stir foam down and wait for a minute or two then stir again, remove any remaining foam with a large metal spoon.
- Ladle into clean hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space and process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.