Recipe by MizzNezz
A very nice alternative to those rich desserts. This is elegant and also good for you!
Top Review by Darlene Summers
MizzNezz, My husband has blackberries all year round as we have tame berry bushes and he cans and freezes them.So when I ran across this recipe I decided to give it a whirl,The only thing I did different was use more sugar,I like things pretty sweet I actualy used 1/2 cup of suger. This was really good. Thanks,Darlene Summers
- 2 pints blackberries, rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 4 large ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside 1 cup blackberries for sprinkling on the finished soup.
- Place remaining berries and water in nonreactive 4 qt saucepan.
- Cover, bring to a simmer over medium heat, cook 5 minutes.
- Place sieve over a bowl and press the berries to remove the seeds.
- Stir in 3 T sugar until dissolved, more if you like it sweeter.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Toss the peach slices with the remaining sugar.
- Ladle soup into 4 soup plates.
- Arrange peach slices in the soup.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.