Prep 12 mins
Cook 55 mins
A very nice alternative to those rich desserts. This is elegant and also good for you!
- 2 pints blackberries, rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 4 large ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- powdered sugar
- Set aside 1 cup blackberries for sprinkling on the finished soup.
- Place remaining berries and water in nonreactive 4 qt saucepan.
- Cover, bring to a simmer over medium heat, cook 5 minutes.
- Place sieve over a bowl and press the berries to remove the seeds.
- Stir in 3 T sugar until dissolved, more if you like it sweeter.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Toss the peach slices with the remaining sugar.
- Ladle soup into 4 soup plates.
- Arrange peach slices in the soup.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
MizzNezz, My husband has blackberries all year round as we have tame berry bushes and he cans and freezes them.So when I ran across this recipe I decided to give it a whirl,The only thing I did different was use more sugar,I like things pretty sweet I actualy used 1/2 cup of suger. This was really good. Thanks,Darlene Summers
Elegant is exactly the right word to describe this dish. Oooooo! So good! So beautiful! Soooo easy! I skipped the powdered sugar since I loved the way it looked without it.