- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 cups blackberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons blackberry liqueur (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, corn syrup, and sugar; place pan over medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Increas the heat and boil without stirring for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool completely.
- Place the sugar syrup, blackberries, lime juice, and liqueur in a blender; process until smooth.
- If desired, pour the puree through a strainer to remove the seeds.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Stir the chilled berry puree, then freeze in batches (if necessary) in your ice cream maker following the manufacturer's instructions.
- When finished, the sorbet will be soft but ready to eat.
- For firmer sorbet, transfer mixture to a freezer container; freeze several hours.