Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 quarts ripe berries
- 2 cups sugar (or more)
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 quart club soda
- 1 pint tart sherbet (optional)
- Crush berries with sugar, cover and let stand overnight.
- Press through a cheesecloth lined sieve, extracting as much juice as possible.
- Mix in lemon juice.
- Taste for sweetness if too tart, add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Pour into bottle, cover and refrigerate.
- Serve as is on the rocks in punch cups or small glasses, or, half fill a tall glass with shrub, add ice, and fill with club soda, or, pour into punch cups and top each serving with a scoop of tart sherbet.