Recipe by NorthwestGal
I first saw this prepared on Bobby Flay’s Grill It! Show a few years ago. And I recently stumbled across the copy of the recipe that I printed immediately after watching that episode. In warmer weather when you're cooking outdoors more often, you can do as Bobby Flay did and put the sugared blackberries in a metal bowl and heat them right on your outdoor grill.
Top Review by Baby Kato
This was a delicious smoothie NorthwestGal. So much flavor and thick and creamy too. I love blackberries with vanilla ice cream....sooo good. This is full of flavor and its good for you too. Really enjoyed the pomegranate juice in this drink. Thank you so much for sharing.
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 2 -4 tablespoons sugar (or more, depending on berry sweetness)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream (1 1/2 pints for thicker shakes)
- 12 ounces pomegranate juice
- 1 cup milk
- fresh blackberries (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the pint of blackberries and sugar in a small saucepan and cook over high heat until the sugar has melted and the berries are soft and just starting to break down.
- Put the cooked berries, ice cream, pomegranate juice and milk in a blender and puree until thick and creamy.
- Pour into tall glasses and garnish each glass with a few berries.