Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sauce is yummy over cakes, custards, etc. ENJOY! Servings are just an estimate... it really depends on how much (or how little) you use :-)
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg white
- Wash blackberries and put them in a bowl with the granulated sugar.
- Mash the berries with a fork to bring the juices out.
- In another bowl, mix together thoroughly the butter and powdered sugar.
- Stir in the egg white, stiffly beaten, and add the berries just before serving.
- You can serve this over custards, ice creams, cakes-- your favorite desserts!
Love, this recipe is exceptional! I haven't been able to stop eating it since I made it! Serve this delicious sauce over your favorite ice cream, pound cake, angel food cake, cheese cake or pudding! You will not be sorry! Simple to prepare and a true taste treat!
This was delicious. My only problem was that the soft butter didn't integrate completely, so there were tiny globules present in the dark sauce. Don't know what I did wrong--I don't see without complete melting how I could mix it well enough. But the taste was scrumptious.