Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This was a delicious salad! I made it to take advantage of the ripe blackberries that were in season. I wish I had taken better notes as I was cooking, but this is what I remember (it was too good not to save at least an approximation here):
- 8 cups spinach leaves
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups blackberries
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup blackberry
- 1 teaspoon sugar (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons good vinegar, try blackberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup god olive oil
- Toss the spinach and scallions.
- Top with pecans that have been toasted in the microwave for a minute or two and the fresh blackberries.
- For the dressing: Place 1/2 cup blackberries in a small pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer with a little sugar to taste. Remove from the heat and strain out the seeds if desired.
- Add the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil to emulsify.
- Drizzle the dressing over slices of goat cheese arranged on a plate. Serve the cheese and extra dressing along side the salad.