Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Rose water adds a bit of Mid-Eastern flair to this frozen dessert.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 lb blackberry (fresh or frozen)
- 4 tablespoons vodka
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rose water
- 6 blackberries (for garnish)
- Combine water and sugar in small sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium-high heat or until sugar dissolves; stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Pour into a blender and add blackberries, lemon zest and juice; Process until smooth.
- Strain mixture through fine sieve and discard solids; stir in vodka.
- Pour mixture in 11x7 dish ; cover and freeze for 45 minutes.
- Stir mixture every 45 minutes with fork until completely frozen and slushy. (about 4 hours).
- Remove mixture from freezer and scrape with a fork until fluffy.
- Serve in stemless wine glasses and garnish with a blackberry.