Recipe by LaurieL.
I found this recipe in a taste of home book, it was orinally made with raspberries, but I had blackberries on hand and so I switched things up a bit! It is a delicious summer treat, sweet but tangy!
Top Review by Shari2
The pie is a little tart but very refreshing. I didn't have blackberry gelatin so I used raspberry flavored with the blackberries. I was worried htat the 3 ounces of cream cheese and confectioners sugar would be enough but it was perfect. This is a pie that you could play around with different flavors of gelatin and berries. I will make this again during the up and coming summer months. Reviewed for PAC Spring 2008.
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs (about 35-40)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (3 ounce) packageblackberry fusion gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh blackberries, can use frozen too
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an un-greased 9-10 inch pie plate. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In another bowl, dissolve the gelatin in boiling water. Add the sugar, 1 cup of the blackberries and lemon juice. Refrigerate until partilly set. About 40 minutes to an hour.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioner's sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mixture. Spread 3/4 cup over the bottom of the crust.
- Spread 1/2 cup blackberry mixture over the top. Repeat layers. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight before serving. Garnish the pie with the leftover blackberries and whipped cream.