Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Haven't tried yet, but will this summer. The prep time includes draining the yogurt and chilling a mixing bowl and beaters.
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 1⁄2 cups blackberries, divided
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 ounces low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon crushed vanilla wafer
- Combine rhubarb, 1 cup berries, sugar, orange juice and cinnamon in saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove lid and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until rhubarb is tender and mixture has broken down into a chunky puree. Stirring often. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, line sieve or colander with cheesecloth or coffee filters and set over bowl. Spread yogurt in sieve, and let drain in refrigerator 1 to 1/2 hours, or overnight.
- Chill mixing bowl and beaters in freezer 1 hour or overnight. This will make it easier to whip cream.
- Put remaining 1/2 cup blackberries in refrigerator.
- Fold yogurt into rhubarb mixture with spatula.
- Whip cream in chilled bowl with electric. mixer until soft peaks form. Fold into rhubarb-yogurt mixture, leaving distinct swirls.
- Spoon into dessert dishes and garnish with wafer crumbs and remaining blackberries.